Heavy Highway Carpenter Job Summary: The carpenter job will construct concrete intakes by performing a wide range of tasks necessary to complete concrete paving projects. This person will be responsible for safely and accurately setting up concrete intakes forms, and remove forms after concrete is poured and breaking down all necessary tools and equipment, as well as cleaning and organizing the job sites.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up and break down all necessary tools and equipment, such as screeds, vibrators, saws, lasers, and hand tools.
- Read and Understand Staking and blue prints
- Clean and organize the job site prior to and after completion of the project.
- Prepare the site for paving by ensuring that the surface is level and free of debris.
- Assist with the layout and installation of forms, rebar, and other reinforcement as necessary.
- Load and unload necessary materials and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the construction and/or paving industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical documents.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Prior experience preferred
- Pass a pre-employment physical and background check